Version 1.6.2 is available for immediate download on the Pixel Crushers customer download site (contact us with your Asset Store invoice number if you need access) and should be available on the Asset Store in 5-7 days!
The highlights of this release are:
- Fixed a Dialogue Editor serialization bug.
- More robustly finds actors’ GameObjects when they’re not specified explicitly.
- Updates to third party support packages, including new SLATE integration.
The full release notes are:
- Changed: When removing localization fields from template, instances from all assets in database are also cleaned up.
- Improved: OverrideActorName now also associates GameObject with actor name, making it easier for conversations to find GameObjects for non-primary participants; GameObject name no longer needs to match actor name.
- Improved: If GameObjects aren’t provided to DialogueManager.StartConversation(), looks for primary actor/conversant’s GameObject in scene.
- Improved: Quests can now have optional Display Name field to display in UIs instead of Name field.
- Improved: OnDestroy triggers (including IncrementOnDestroy, PersistentDestructible, etc.) handle application quit gracefully.
- Improved: AudioWait delays 1 frame to allow previous dialogue entry to finish its sequence cleanup first.
- Improved: Added QuestLog.SetQuestTrackingAvailable(); QuestLog.SetQuestTracking() also sets tracking available (Trackable) when enabling tracking (Track).
- Improved: Added recursion limit to Tools.GameObjectHardFind(), which is used to match GameObjects to actor names.
- Fixed: Build bug with UWP10/Xbox One.
- Fixed: Unity UI Quest Log Window issues: Windows without entry containers inadvertently showed entries that were in unassigned state; Generic & Mobile styled windows failed to fade in due to an Animator misconfiguration.
- Dialogue Editor:
- Fixed: Dialogue Editor serialization issue.
- Improved: Can reorder quest entries.
- Improved: Additional database merge option to replace conflicting assets (actors, conversations, etc.) with new version instead of appending.
- Beta: Search bar in conversation node editor.
Third Party Support
- Adventure Creator: Updated RefocusResponseMenu action to also auto-focus continue buttons if appropriate, and handle inactive UIs.
- plyGame: Updated for plyGame 2.8.5; Dialogue System plyBlox events now report separately.
- Realistic FPS Prefab: Updated for RFPS 1.23.
- S-Inventory: Updated for RFPS 1.23.
- SLATE: Introduced integration package.
- UFPS: Updated for UFPS 1.6.