Syntax for SendMessage Sequence

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
RoboticPotato

Post by RoboticPotato »

Hey,

So I'm trying to use the Sequence Command "SendMessage" but I think the syntax in the documentation is wrong.

My command syntax is

SendMessage(Speak)

In return I get this error:

Dialogue System: Sequencer command component not found: SequencerCommandSendMessage()

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer:ActivateCommand(String, String, String[])

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer:PlayCommand(String, Boolean, Single, String, String, String[])

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer:PlaySequence(String)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer:PlaySequence(String, Boolean, Boolean)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer:PlaySequence(String, Transform, Transform, Boolean, Boolean)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemController:PlaySequence(String, Transform, Transform, Boolean, Boolean)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemController:PlaySequence(String, Transform, Transform, Boolean)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemController:PlaySequence(String, Transform, Transform)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueManager:PlaySequence(String, Transform, Transform)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.SequenceStarter:TryStartSequence(Transform)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.SequenceTrigger:OnConversationEnd(Transform)

UnityEngine.Component:BroadcastMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationModel:InformParticipants(String)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationController:Close()

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationController:OnFinishedSubtitle(Object, EventArgs)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView:FinishSubtitle()

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView:OnCancelSubtitle()

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView:Update()

What is the correct syntax?
RoboticPotato

Post by RoboticPotato »

OK, super weird. I looked into the DLLs and SequencerCommandSendMessage and SequencerAudio are missing..where are they located and how do I install them?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

That's strange. The SendMessage() sequencer command should be built into the DLL. What version of the Dialogue System are you using, and what version of Unity? And on what platform (Mac, Win, etc.)?

EDIT: Just had a thought. SendMessage() is a built-in sequencer command. It's actually a method inside the Sequencer class, not a separate class, so it won't show up as a separate name in the DLL. Did you by any chance accidentally tick Dialogue Manager > Display Settings > Camera Settings > Disable Internal Sequencer Commands? This would make SendMessage() unavailable.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Just documenting for future readers that unticking Disable Internal Sequencer Commands was the fix.