DS :: TopDown Engine Integration package errors

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
MudPuppet

DS :: TopDown Engine Integration package errors

Post by MudPuppet »

Unity3d v2019.2.20 | DS v2.2.4 | TDE v1.6.1

Hello Tony,

I have just started to look into using DS with the TopDown Engine but am getting some errors on the integration package.

I am running the latest versions of DS/TDE and have installed the TDE Integration Package (DS_TDE_Support_2019-07-11) followed by the TDE Integration Package 'Patch' (DS_TDE_Patch_2020-02-02).

The error that I am getting is...
Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/TopDown Engine Support/Scripts/UseOnButtonActivated.cs(28,46): error CS1061: 'GameObject' does not contain a definition for 'GetComponentNoAlloc' and no accessible extension method 'GetComponentNoAlloc' accepting a first argument of type 'GameObject' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Anyway, just thought that I had better mention something.

EDIT #1: commenting out the following line allowed me to at least test the Example scene.
//_character = collider.gameObject.GetComponentNoAlloc<Character>();
EDIT #2: I just spotted that the TDE support package is include in the DS install so the error only exists with the integration package on the DS Extras page on your website.
Last edited by MudPuppet on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MudPuppet

Re: DS :: TopDown Engine Integration package errors

Post by MudPuppet »

Hello Tony,

I also just spotted another issue with the TDE Integration Package 'Patch' (DS_TDE_Patch_2020-02-02) where you have the wrong class name in the DialogueSystemTopDownEventListener script.

Currently the class name at the top of the script is 'DialogueSystemCorgiEventListener' which is incorrect and should be 'DialogueSystemTopDownEventListener'.

EDIT #1: This error is with both the patch file on the Extras page on your website as well as the included TDE integration package as part of the DS asset.
MudPuppet

Post by MudPuppet »

Hello,

Hehe, man am I being a pain in the butt with this thread. Got another issue as I follow through the docs on the TDE Support Setup process but this time with Cinemachine. I am highly unfamiliar with Cinemachine and TDE is literally my only exposure to it so I am trying to follow the provided instructions for DS/TDE integration verbatim.

It states in the Controlling the Camera section to add a 'Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event' component to an NPC yet even after installing the supplied Third Party Support / Cinemachine Support unitypackage I am unable to find this component.

Has Cinemachine been updated and this component no longer exists perhaps?

Obviously the docs state that i can also use the CinemachinePriority() sequencer command (whatever that is LOL) but I like what the docs mention about using both options as it sounds like it might be beneficial to my game idea.

Hehe, with luck I will be able to sort out the Rewired Integration on my own with this project.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Sorry, I'm running behind on getting the DS 2.2.5 update out which has all of the fixes you need.

I just updated the TDE integration on the Extras page. It's the full integration package for TDE 1.6.1 and should fix the issues you reported. This will be in 2.2.5, too.

I haven't pushed up the updated documentation for the TDE / Cinemachine instructions. It's staged for release with DS 2.2.5. To enable Cinemachine integration now (including your current version of DS), delete the Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Cinemachine Support folder. Then open the Welcome Window (menu item Tools > Pixel Crushers > Dialogue System > Welcome Window) and tick the Cinemachine checkbox.

Sorry again for the issues. You did everything right according to the documentation. I'm just running late on getting the update out.
MudPuppet

Post by MudPuppet »

Hello Tony,

No problems - I was probably getting into DS a bit too early in the game anyways and was just putting off my next modelling task until this morning and looking for something to kill some time.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

In this case a little procrastination was helpful; now the updated TDE integration's available on the Extras page for everyone who needs it. :-)