Invector 3rd person controller not moving after conversation

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
tezza73

Invector 3rd person controller not moving after conversation

Post by tezza73 »

Hi,

I am using Invector 3rd person controller mobile controls.

The left analogue stick that moves the player is using the Horizontal and Vertical inputs.

At the start of a conversation if I make the Invector UI (vUI) inactive - in order to hide the hide the HUD and mobile controls during a conversation then make it active again after the conversation, the left analogue joystick no longer works. All other controls work.

If I don't inactivated the UI then everything works fine but the it visually interferes with the conversation UI.

Please help.
Tony Li

Re: Invector 3rd person controller not moving after conversation

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Invector's download link for the vCrossPlatformInput scripts no longer works. Where did you download them from?
tezza73

Post by tezza73 »

From this link on March 15 provided by Victor in his forum....

http://invector.proboards.com/post/16772
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks! I will check it out and try to have an answer for you by tomorrow.
tezza73

Post by tezza73 »

Thank you
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Please try this:

Add a Dialogue System Invector Bridge component to your player, as described in the setup instructions. This will prevent the mobile controls from affecting the player during conversations.

If you want to hide the mobile controls, disable the mobile UI's Canvas component. Don't deactivate the LeftAnalog GameObject. When the LeftAnalog's Invector Joystick component is deactivated (even temporarily such as during a conversation), it permanently disconnects itself from Invector. Ideally it would reconnect itself when enabled, but it doesn't do this. So the best solution is what I just described.
tezza73

Post by tezza73 »

Thanks Tony,

I worked around the issue by replacing Invectors analogue joystick with another one from Control Freak asset.

One more question:

Is there a global way to hide UI and turn it back on instead of adding the sequence in every conversation?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, add a Dialogue System Events component to the player. Configure the OnConversationStart() event to hide the UI, and OnConversationEnd() to show it again.

This assumes that the player and the UI are part of the scene and not marked Don't Destroy On Load. If both are marked Don't Destroy On Load, you can continue to use Dialogue System Events. If only one is, you can add a Dialogue System Trigger to the player. Set the trigger dropdown to OnConversationStart. Add a Play Sequence action that hides the UI. Then add another Dialogue System Trigger set to OnConversationEnd that shows the UI again.
tezza73

Post by tezza73 »

Excellent....Thanks
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!