Unable to select UI responses consistently

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
colehowy

Unable to select UI responses consistently

Post by colehowy »

Hi I recently got into this program and started learning partially through the tutorials but seem to have either missed something or it's clashing with the rest of my 3D VR Unity project because while I've set up the conversation with the database and have it printing to the screen with it's default look.

However when I try and select one of my dialogue options either with a click or trying to hit "Enter" on my keyboard the entry will blink between it's hover, clicked and unclicked states but never actually do anything and the only "work around" is when I push either "WASD" or the arrow keys and really quickly press "Enter" will it actually work and input that option and carry on with the game.

I've tried looking through the other docs and whatnot and I couldn't make any ground with it so I am open to any suggestions to fix this or to give any info needed.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Unable to select UI responses consistently

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for using the Dialogue System!

If anything assigned to the response button's Button component > OnClick() event?

If anything is assigned to the response button's Button component > OnClick() event, you must also manully assign the StandardUIResponseButton component's OnClick() method.

If nothing is assigned to the response button's Button component > OnClick() event, the StandardUIResponseButton will automatically add its OnClick() method to the event at runtime.