Skip button issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
peachthyme

Skip button issues

Post by peachthyme »

Hi,

I am using Dialogue System along with Adventure Creator for some point and click interactable games in between chunks of visual novel. I am using the VN template as a base. I'd like to use the same dialogue manager and UI for all of it but I am seeing some strange behavior when I use the Skip button with short dialogues that have no branching dialogue points.

Hopefully the gif shows the behavior clear enough. I have 4 buttons with Adventure Creator triggers attached to start a conversation through Dialogue System. If I click on the conversation triggers and use "continue" all the way through the conversation, things work normally. I would expect that the Skip button would just take me to the end of the conversation but for some reason it is getting all of the dialogue boxes in a weird state until I click one that has a response panel. It looks like it's skipping through all the dialogue until a choice, based on the backtrack debug mode logs.

I was wondering if I shouldn't be using the dialogue system like this or if there is a way to make this work as expected?

Thank you!
Tony Li

Re: Skip button issues

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What Dialogue System version are you using?

In version 2.2.43, I added a Don't Skip All On Last Conversation Line checkbox to the Conversation Control component that might be helpful to tick. You will probably also want to tick Stop Skip All On Conversation End.
peachthyme

Post by peachthyme »

Hi Tony,

I am using 2.2.43.1 so I was able to find those check boxes in the Conversation Control and it is working as expected now! Thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!