Limit relationship trate

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
Arficord

Limit relationship trate

Post by Arficord »

Hello. Is it possible to limit relations between fractions in (-100; 100) range?

I'm asking because of the only place where relationship value clamped is updating of FactionMember GUI.
That's mean I can change affinity to 999, and it stays as it until I hover mouse on Inspector of FactionMember. After that it becomes 100.

I have used ModifyAffinity and GetAffinity from DialogueSystem Integration, and it's works as I described.

If it is possible to limit, how can I change the range? (0: 100) for example.
Tony Li

Re: Limit relationship trate

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That sounds like a bug. I'll make sure this is fixed in the next release. I'll also add clamping ranges to Faction so you can specify that a specific faction should be clamped to [0,100] instead of the default [-100,100].

Edit: I'm adding clamping to personality trait definitions and relationship trait definitions, not individual factions.
Arficord

Post by Arficord »

Thank you. I will be waiting for the next update.
jimgogo

Post by jimgogo »

Thanks for the update, as I see now Love/Hate clamps traits to [-100,100]. Awesome.
The zodiac signs compatibility chart allows us to quickly determine the best and worst matches by zodiac sign. Recently, I realized that I am a lucky person in this case because I made the right choice.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! Thanks for the suggestion.