Adventure Creator Save doesn't save conversation state

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
gblekkenhorst

Adventure Creator Save doesn't save conversation state

Post by gblekkenhorst »

Hi! I've checked this forum post https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... f=3&t=1310 and the adventure creator and the adventure creator manual, and checked out how things are set up in the third party adventure creator demo, but no luck. I might be confused since the names of some of the scripts have changes?

My issue is I save in a location - move to another location where AC initiated a conversation - load during that conversation - player returns to saved location, but that conversation continues to play. (I think this is the opposite of what the previous post said they were trying to save during the conversation - we just don't allow the player to save during a conversation.)

This is what I have on my dialogue manager in the inspector, plus I also have the dialogue system saver on the persistent adventure creator object.

Tony Li

Re: Adventure Creator Save doesn't save conversation state

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You could stop the active conversation (if any) when loading a saved game. Here are some ways to do that:

1. Make a subclass of RememberDialogueSystem and use it in place of RememberDialogueSystem:

Code: Select all

public class CustomRememberDialogueSystem : RememberDialogueSystem
{
    public override void LoadData(string stringData)
    {
        DialogueManager.StopConversation();
        base.LoadData(stringData);
    }
}
2. Or use the AC action Third Party > Dialogue System Conversation > Stop Conversation

3. Or in C#:

Code: Select all

DialogueManager.StopConversation();
#1 is probably the simplest.
gblekkenhorst

Post by gblekkenhorst »

This worked! thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!