Minor Issue with Invector Inventory

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
KingCeryn

Re: Minor Issue with Invector Inventory

Post by KingCeryn »

I'll give this a shot thanks! I'm using the newest version of both, updated this month.

Invector 2.5.3 and the newest Dialogue Systems
KingCeryn

Post by KingCeryn »

So nope, on that example you sent it does the same thing- equips and unequips the gun every time you change scenes
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for checking. What version of Unity are you using? (In case Invector has conditional code based on Unity version.) I'll check this out using the versions you specify and reply back later today.
KingCeryn

Post by KingCeryn »

I am using 2019.4, I believe.

Invector 2.5.3. It's not game breaking ATM, and I do think it's probably something related to the Invector side, I'm just not sure where I should pin it down.

It does look like in my console its about 60-70 Equip and UnEqiup messages, visually it looks like it only does it 2 or 3 times, but the messages are about 10 Equip, then 10 Unequip, etc.

Thanks for your help, I know these updates are new so it could be that
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

This applies specifically to Invector 2.5.3:

Edit vShooterEquipment.cs. Change line 19 to:

Code: Select all

if(shooterWeapon && shooterWeapon.secundaryWeapon && !withoutSecundaryEquipment && !_secundaryEquipment)
It's a subtle change. The last bit -- !secundaryEquipment -- should be !_secundaryEquipment, with an underscore in front of the variable name.

Edit InvectorInventorySaver.cs and comment out line 120:

Code: Select all

//itemManager.AutoEquipItem(item, itemReference.indexArea, true);
In Invector 2.5.3, this now queues the equip animation even though later in that method the weapon is equipped. I'll update the integration to remove this line.
KingCeryn

Post by KingCeryn »

Thanks so much! Looks like this took care of 95% of it, which is more than enough for now.

Only issue remaining is it DOES still "requip" the first weapon in my inventory, but it only equips it once, doesnt duplicate the icons and it doesnt cycle through all the weapons.

So for now its satisfactory! Thanks so much!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

There's no way to avoid that with Invector right now. If you fade from black using the Standard Scene Transition Manager, it will hide that from the player.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Correction: They added a handy way to prevent the equip animation. The Dialogue System Extras page has an updated package for Invector 2.5.3+.
KingCeryn

Post by KingCeryn »

Thanks so much for this again!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I may be updating that package again tomorrow or this weekend. Another user identified an issue with saving and restoring melee weapons that I'll be looking into tomorrow.