Disable certain responses after they have been selected

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Disable certain responses after they have been selected

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Nothing has changed that's related to that. The error message means the node with ID 25 isn't in the Dialog[] table. It looks like you didn't stop and restart play mode after changing the database. Does the problem go away if you stop and restart play mode?
hellwalker

Post by hellwalker »

Yes, it happens in that case too.
I did some more testing, and this happens when there is Group Node at the start of the conversation immediately followed by player responses. If I turn my group node into regular NPC line the error does not happen in same conversation.

To be precise my full setup is

So I start conversation one, jump to hub in conversation two and there I immediately have response nodes.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for the details. I'll check this and reply back here today.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'm still looking into this. I'll try to provide a solution tomorrow.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with DS 2.2.4. I set up a scene with the StandardDialogueUIShowInvalidResponses script and tried to replicate the articy setup from your screenshot.

Would it be possible for you to send an example articy project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? Please also let me know if any special setup is required on the Unity side, other than using StandardDialogueUIShowInvalidResponses and ticking the Dialogue Manager's Use SimStatus and Include Invalid Entries checkboxes.
hellwalker

Post by hellwalker »

Thank you for testing.
Hmm. I disabled other custom scripts when testing this but I will double check to make sure that none of my stuff is interfering and send you the examples if I can't find other cause.
Thanks again for testing.