Love/Hate 1.9.0 Released

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
Tony Li

Love/Hate 1.9.0 Released

Post by Tony Li »

Version 1.9.0 is now available on the Unity Asset Store.

Release notes:
  • Minimum version is now Unity 5.3.6.
  • Improved: Deeds can now specify who can evaluate them.
  • Improved: Faction Manager: Added instance property, Allow Only One Faction Manager checkbox.
  • Improved: Faction Member Debugger: Added Visible checkbox, option to auto-destroy if not debug build.
  • Improved: Save System: Added SaveSystemMethods.LoadOrRestart.
jrbourne

Re: Love/Hate 1.9.0 Released

Post by jrbourne »

Tony:

I downloaded the Love/Hate trial - 1.9. I am getting the following compile error:

Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/Misc/RectExtensions.cs(35,25): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `PixelCrushers.RectExtensions.ScaleSizeBy(this UnityEngine.Rect, UnityEngine.Vector2, UnityEngine.Vector2)' and `PixelCrushers.RectExtensions.ScaleSizeBy(this UnityEngine.Rect, UnityEngine.Vector2, UnityEngine.Vector2)'

I did a clean install on 2018.1.0f2 on Mac. I loaded Behavior Designer and Dialog System (2.02) and then 1.9 LoveHate. Hope you can figure out how to enable LoveHate to load so I can try out. I will probably purchase since it looks like what I need for my game.

John
john.r.bourne@gmail.com
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi John,

Thank you for being a potential repeat customer!

Please delete this folder: Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Common / Scripts.

Love/Hate and the Dialogue System share common code. This keeps your project leaner by avoiding duplication.

The evaluation versions ship with a compiled DLL containing the code. The paid versions ship with source script files containing the code. When a project has one evaluation version and one paid version, the code will be duplicated, once in the DLL and again in source script files. By deleting the Scripts folder, you get rid of the duplication.

When you have paid licenses for both, you can delete all the DLL folders and use just the Scripts folders.
jrbourne

Post by jrbourne »

Thanks very much, Tony. That works perfectly.

I am thinking more about multiplayer with LoveHate. Do you perchance have an example for Photon Multiplayer - that is what I've been using mostly.

John
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi John,

I don't have a Photon example. The folder LoveHate / Example / More Examples / Multiplayer Example contains a document that discusses multiplayer Love/Hate in general. It's not tied to any particular networking system. I do plan to update the existing Raknet multiplayer example to use UNET. If you have any specific questions about setting up Love/Hate with Photon, just let me know.
jrbourne

Post by jrbourne »

Hello again Tony:

I've been attempting to integrate Behavior Designer with Dialogue System and Third Person Controller. I've added all the items from Opsive and from Pixel Crushers to enable the three assets to work together. For the most part all seems to work (oh, no Love/hate added for these experiments). The three assets seem to be happy together (no errors), however, I cannot get the sequences to run from the dialogues entered in the database I created. I have tried without behavior designer and the sequences seem to get executed property (e.g., Camera(Closeup); ). I imaged that I had to run the sequences from the BD start sequence command, but I've not gotten that to run.

So, bottom line, the conversations are really easy and work fine, but the sequences don't run when I have BD and TPC integrated. If you'll give me a few suggestions, I can see if I can debug.....

Thanks,

John
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi John,

Is it only the Camera() command that isn't working?

In an email, you mentioned that the Fade() command works. What about other commands, such as Audio()?

If it's only the Camera() command, then TPC probably still has control of the camera. If you're trying to run Camera() sequencer commands in a conversation, make sure the player's Dialogue System Third Person Controller Bridge component's Deactivate During Conversations checkbox is ticked.

If you're trying to run Camera() commands outside of a conversation -- for example, in some non-conversation BD node -- you'll need to disable TPC's control of the camera first. You can do this by calling the Dialogue System Third Person Controller Bridge component's DisableTpcControl() method. Remember to call EnableTpcControl() when you want to give control back to the player. To do this within a sequence, you can do something like this, assuming the sequence's "speaker" is set to the player:

Code: Select all

SendMessage(DisableTpcControl);
Camera(SomePosition);
SendMessage(EnableTpcControl)@2
This will disable TPC's control of the camera and movement, move the camera to "SomePosition", and then after 2 seconds re-enable TPC's control.