Importing Quests to QuestMachine from Articy

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Rpsaman13000

Importing Quests to QuestMachine from Articy

Post by Rpsaman13000 »

Hello, I have a problem with importing Quests from Articy to Quest Machine.
I followed the tutorial on Articy Support and I have the following issues:

When I import ArticySupport:

Assets\Pixel Crushers\Quest Machine\Third Party Support\Articy Support\Wrappers\ArticyQuestAction.cs(12,65): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticyQuestAction' does not exist in the namespace 'PixelCrushers.QuestMachine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Assets\Pixel Crushers\Quest Machine\Third Party Support\Articy Support\Wrappers\ArticyQuestCondition.cs(12,68): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticyQuestCondition' does not exist in the namespace 'PixelCrushers.QuestMachine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I comment this code out and then execute Generate Articy Project-Specific Quest Machine Scripts. After that I get a bunch of errors. First of those is related to ArticyImportWindow.cs. State.whatever is unknown. This error I solve by renaming the variables to their proper names.

Another issue is related to QuestTemplate. I add using Articy.ProjectName.Templates; which solves one issue. However, after that, questTemplate cannot access DisplayName, TechnicalName, Template, InputPins... It does have access to QuestProperties and all the fields that I defined in Articy.

What should I do to solve the mentioned issues? I did export the Articy project for Unity and imported articy:draft plugin in the project.

Thanks in advance.
Tony Li

Re: Importing Quests to QuestMachine from Articy

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Undo any changes to made to the integration's scripts. The scripts work correctly and do not need to be modified. (Note: The integration is for articy:draft 3.) Or remove the integration and reimport it from "Articy Support.unitypackage".

Set up your articy:draft project as described on page 4 of the manual (Articy_Support.pdf).

Then:

1. Import the articy:draft 3 plugin for Unity into your Unity project. Import your articy:draft project into Unity.

2. Import "Articy Support.unitypackage" if you haven't already.

3. Select menu item Tools → Pixel Crushers → Quest Machine → Import → articy:draft → Generate
Articy Project-Specific Quest Machine Scripts. This menu item will only be available if Unity is able to
compile your project’s source code. If there are compiler errors, resolve them first.

This will generate scripts in the folder Pixel Crushers ► Quest Machine ► Third Party Support ► Articy
Support ► Generated. If you change the Technical Name of your articy project, re-run this menu item.

4. Select menu item Tools → Pixel Crushers → Quest Machine → Import → articy:draft → Import Articy Quests to Quest Machine…. This menu item will only be available after you run the Generic Articy Project-Specific Quest Machine Scripts menu item. It will open the articy Import window. See page 9 for instructions on using this window.
Rpsaman13000

Post by Rpsaman13000 »

Hmmm I see the issue. I was using Articy:X instead of Articy:3. Is there a way to import Articy:X project?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

It's coming in the next Quest Machine update.
Rpsaman13000

Post by Rpsaman13000 »

Alright, thank you for your help. Looking forward to the next update.