Dialogue System Quest Generator Bridge error?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
tjddnsla1123

Dialogue System Quest Generator Bridge error?

Post by tjddnsla1123 »

Hi, I'm a beginner developer form Korea. And I using DialogueSystem and Questmachine both of them.

few days ago I linked those two systems with watching your Tutorial.
"Quest Machine - Tutorial 6: Dialogue System Integration"

And I also set my setting just same like this video, with this "Dialogue System Quest Generator Bridge" script.
And today I found weird thing with it, in my Quest Journal UI - from QuestMachine.

please look images I attatched,
I think MessageSystem send message every second for some reason with this method "RefreshUIs" and
It makes my Quest Name tamplete(Clone) object Initiate and Destroy - again and again and again....
So when I open Quest Journal UI, It looks like blink? twinkle.? like attatched GIF.(I didn't click that button)

and I tested something.
After Get this Quest form QuestGiver, I delete "Dialogue System Quest Generator Bridge" component from DialogueManager.
and Quest Journal UI not blink any more. So I think might be problem is from this Bridge?
but I need this Bridge Script...

So is there any way to solve this problem?
sorry maybe Its kinda easy question but, please help noob! Thank you!
Attachments
0001.PNG
0001.PNG (50.74 KiB) Viewed 84 times
0000.PNG
0000.PNG (63.09 KiB) Viewed 84 times
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (805.14 KiB) Viewed 84 times
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue System Quest Generator Bridge error?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please:

1. Click on one of those messages ("MessageSystem.SendMessage...") in the Console window.

2. Press Ctrl+C to copy the details to the clipboard.

3. Paste it into a reply here.
tjddnsla1123

Post by tjddnsla1123 »

MessageSystem.SendMessage(sender=Dialogue Manager (PixelCrushers.QuestMachine.DialogueSystemSupport.DialogueSystemQuestMachineBridge): Refresh UIs,)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
PixelCrushers.MessageSystem:SendMessageWithTarget (object,object,string,string,object[]) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/Message System/MessageSystem.cs:339)
PixelCrushers.MessageSystem:SendMessage (object,string,string,object[]) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/Message System/MessageSystem.cs:430)
PixelCrushers.QuestMachine.QuestMachineMessages:RefreshUIs (object) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Quest Machine/Scripts/Utility/QuestMachineMessages.cs:210)
PixelCrushers.QuestMachine.DialogueSystemSupport.DialogueSystemQuestMachineBridge:UpdateTracker () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Quest Machine/Third Party Support/Dialogue System Support/Scripts/Bridge/DialogueSystemQuestMachineBridge.cs:166)
UnityEngine.Component:BroadcastMessage (string,UnityEngine.SendMessageOptions)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueManager:SendUpdateTracker () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Manager/DialogueManager.cs:1089)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConditionObserver:Fire () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/ConditionObserver.cs:215)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConditionObserver:Check () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/ConditionObserver.cs:141)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConditionObserver/<Observe>d__19:MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/ConditionObserver.cs:127)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)

here is it! thanks!!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi

Avoid using Condition Observer components when possible. Or deactivate them after they become true. When a Condition Observer sees that its condition is true, it runs all of its actions, which includes sending a message to refresh the UIs in case any of the actions have changed the content that needs to be shown in UIs. In this case, you have a Condition Observer that is detecting that its condition is true every second and running its actions.

What are you using the Condition Observer for? I may be able to suggest a more efficient alternative.
tjddnsla1123

Post by tjddnsla1123 »

Wow Thanks ㅠㅡㅠ
you are so Awesome!

I didn;t use Condition Observer component, and I didn't even know that Script existed in your assets!
So I Searched all my messed Hierarchy,
And finally found Condition Observer component that hided like Hobbit in some object!
Mustbe It added by my misake. like when I add some component name start with 'Co~~'...
haha sorry for that..!

I deleted it , Now everything work very normally!
thanks to you! cheers! :D
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!