Multiple usables in range

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ds2497

Multiple usables in range

Post by ds2497 »

Hi, I have a question about the Proximity Selector.

When there are two usables within the player's interactable range, let's say a flower and a book, the Proximity Selector initially sets the current usable to the flower because it is closer to the player. However, if the player continues moving and the book also enters the interactable range while the flower remains in range, the Proximity Selector maintains the flower as the current usable item. This is acceptable, but a problem arises when the player keeps moving and leaves the flower outside the trigger area. In this case, the Proximity Selector cannot detect the book.

This issue presents challenges during gameplay, as the player needs to constantly adjust their position to ensure that the desired item becomes the closest usable one. A similar problem occurs when the current usable item is destroyed; the second usable item remains non-interactive even when it is within range. Is there a fix for this?
Tony Li

Re: Multiple usables in range

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are you using the current version of the Dialogue System? (If not, can you back up your project and update?) The Proximity Selector should automatically switch to the book when leaving the flower.
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

My bad... I might have made a mistake in my code while overriding the method...things went back to normal again when I commented out my code. The code from version 2.2.42 works fine.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!