Loading my game loads old file

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Opsive Character Controllers.
GDev_23

Loading my game loads old file

Post by GDev_23 »

Hi there!

I have a strange "bug" with the Save System... and I am confused.

I exported in a package the Dialogue Manager prefab from an old project that was made to test the Dialog and Save System to a new one for our game. It has all the Components for the save system on it. Problem is, it has kept the data from the old scene in its files...
If I save my game in my new scene and I load it afterwards, it will spawn the player to a spot that was in the old project. As for the Quest Log, it seems to keep old data from my old test scene and I can't override with my new save data for some reason...

Is there a way to have a new Dialog Manager from scratch without erasing any dialog element so it can save properly? Or maybe there is another way?

P.S. I use a save point object in my new and old scene.

Thanks in advance,

GDev_23
Tony Li

Re: Loading my game loads old file

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What saved game data storer component are you using (e.g., PlayerPrefs Saved Game Data Storer)?

If you're using PlayerPrefs Saved Game Data Storer or Disk Saved Game Data Storer, inspect the component and click Clear Saved Games.
GDev_23

Post by GDev_23 »

Hi Tony,

Wow it was simple! It works!
I could figure it out with my save point... it wasn't saving because it lacked the Scene event to save in a slot as well. :lol:
So now the save works properly!

Thanks a lot!

GDev_23
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!