Strange lighting on load

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Opsive Character Controllers.
CruttMutt

Strange lighting on load

Post by CruttMutt »

Hello!

So still working on bringing my whole project up to date with all the latest DS, QM, UCC, UIS etc etc... You have helped me a lot in the past so generally, I have things all working great now except for one strange thing. On load the lighting goes all funny and shadows go very dark. I don't have anything in the console saying anything is happening. Referencing my old project files it all seems like it should be working fine to me as it did before. Do you know what would be causing this?

Everything else works fine though, inventory positioning, attributes etc.

Technically I am not using the "Save System For Opsive" Independent download since I have DS and QM but it seemed like this was the most relevant spot for it.

Otherwise, it's all coming along and integrating very nicely :D I hoe I can figure out what this is because I am out of ideas haha.

Video:
Tony Li

Re: Strange lighting on load

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You probably need to bake lighting in your scene.
CruttMutt

Post by CruttMutt »

Thank you, I was thinking it has something to do with that. I have baked but something seems a little off. I am going to try reinstalling unity when I get home tonight. Maybe something in the lighting and baking did not install correctly. It has crashed more than I remember lately with no errors indicated and I have the LTS version.

Thanks a lot!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Unity 2019 or 2020 LTS? 2020 is still quite buggy even though they labeled it LTS, which just means they won't be changing the API or adding new features. They'll just be fixing bugs.
CruttMutt

Post by CruttMutt »

I'm using Unity 2019.4.21f. I just reinstalled it and it's all working great now! Thanks so much for taking the time to guide me there. It really in the end had nothing to do with your products so I appreciate it a lot but I could have spent forever going in circles.

PS: All the updates are fantastic by the way. Everything has been working very smoothly with the opsive things. I am a big fan and look forward to integrating and trying out some of your other products soon! I will be planning on buying Love/Hate when I have all of my other systems in play and I don't overwhelm myself... again haha.

Cheers!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks! Glad to read that the lighting's working now.