DS & LH Lua command issue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
Scroogi

DS & LH Lua command issue

Post by Scroogi »

Hello! I hope you guys can help me out :) I have found so many solutions to problems I am having here, and I am so grateful!

I am relatively new to Unity, so I am nervous that I am just doing something really stupid, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Hopefully someone can help out!

I want to modify affinity based on conversation choices, and then use the affinity to filter the NPC responses. I set up the 3rd party support for L/H and Dialogue System, and attached the LoveHateLua to the Dialogue Manager. When I start it up, I can see that all of the Lua functions are registering on Start, including ModifyAffinity and GetAffinity.

When I use ModifyAffinity in the script section, I can see that the affinity correctly changes in the Faction Database. However, when I try to use GetAffinity to check the affinity level, it throws an error.

Example:
in the Script section of a dialogue choice: ModifyAffinity("Koko", "Player", -1)
This one will work to modify affinity in the faction.

later, in the Conditions section of a dialogue choice: GetAffinity(“Koko”, “Player”) < 0
This one will not work and throws: Dialogue System: Lua code 'return GetAffinity(“Koko”, “Player”) < 0' threw exception 'Code has syntax errors: ****Looooong list of errors***

*I made sure that the affinity change had registered in the faction database
*I made sure that the GetAffinity function had registered on start
*I checked that an inequality without the function will work to trigger the dialogue (it will)

What else can I try? What am I doing wrong??

Thank you for any insight!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.48.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.48.41 AM.png (82.72 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Tony Li

Re: DS & LH Lua command issue

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Make sure all quotes are plain double quotes: "
and not special the special opening and closing quotes: “ and ”
Scroogi

Post by Scroogi »

WHOA THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It worked!!!!

You are such a legend, sir. 10/10 would buy anything from you again.

Thank you so much, and have a wonderful new year!!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! Happy New Year!