Only PAD Happiness value changes when reporting a deed

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
Illustrator

Only PAD Happiness value changes when reporting a deed

Post by Illustrator »

I suppose this must be something simple but I observed that only PAD happiness value changes when deed is reported to the target. Am I missing a setting or is this the expected behavior? I've setup only one deed.
Tony Li

Re: Only PAD Happiness value changes when reporting a deed

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you tick the Faction Member's Debug Eval Func checkbox, it will report details on how it's computing values:

Code: Select all

Love/Hate: Princess.EvaluateRumor actor:Player tag:Flatter target:Princess impact:5 aggression:0 source:Princess
   confidence in source: 100%
   affinity to target: 100
   change in affinity to actor based on impact, target & confidence: 5
   + trait alignment modifier: 1.958333 (based on 78.33333% alignment)
   + arousal modifier: 0 (based on 0 arousal)
   = final change in affinity to actor: 6.958333
   power difference: 10(me) - 1(actor) = 9 (adjust dominance change up by 96.91357%)
   P,A,D change: 12.40903, 3.479167, 0
Pleasure is primarily based on change in affinity to the actor (see the "final change in affinity to actor" line) and trait alignment.

Arousal is primarily based on the magnitude of the change in affinity (so a big positive change or big negative change will both increase arousal).

Dominance is based on impact, aggression, arousal, and the power level differences between the actor and the witness (if you've set up power levels).

When witnessing an individual deed, happiness and pleasure should get the same value. If you're seeing happiness change but not pleasure, does your character perhaps have a Stabilize PAD component that's quickly stabilizing pleasure back down to zero before you have a chance to notice that it has changed?