Importing with Dialogue System

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
fyperia

Importing with Dialogue System

Post by fyperia »

Hi! I had set up the Dialogue system in my project and finally got it working, then bought Love/Hate. But as soon as I imported Love/Hate, the dialogue system stopped receiving input from the input system :( It only worked with specifically defined keys in the DS components rather than using the input defined in my input module. As soon as I reverted to a version before installing Love/Hate, it worked perfectly again.

I'm noticing as I try to import it again that a lot of the folders share names, and Unity is giving me warnings that it will override the existing files. I can't find any resources on how to deal with this. What's the best way to import both assets into the same project?
Tony Li

Re: Importing with Dialogue System

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Have you imported any Dialogue System patch files on top of the Dialogue System version downloaded from the Asset Store? If so, please reimport those after importing Love/Hate.

Love/Hate and the Dialogue System share some scripts, which allows them to avoid duplicating code. This keeps builds smaller. The shared files are in Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common.

Neither asset overwrites project settings.

Love/Hate, the Dialogue System, and Quest Machine receive Asset Store updates at the same time. Otherwise, if you imported a newer update of, say, the Dialogue System and then imported an older version of Love/Hate, the older Love/Hate could overwrite the Common files with older versions. Since they're all updated at the same time, you can import them in any order.

However, if you've imported any Dialogue System patches that came out after the Asset Store version, and then imported Love/Hate, it's possible that Love/Hate put the Asset Store versions of the Common files in place on top of the newer patch versions.

If everything's working right now with Love/Hate out of the project, try importing it again, but untick the Common folder so the import doesn't overwrite Common.

If you do that and you're still seeing an input problem, make sure your scene only has one Input Device Manager component.

And if that doesn't do the trick, please feel free to send a copy of your project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com. I'll be happy to take a look.
fyperia

Post by fyperia »

Unchecking the Common folder and Input Device Manager did the trick, thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! Glad to help.