Disable iOS Keyboard Display during conversations

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
MudPuppet

Disable iOS Keyboard Display during conversations

Post by MudPuppet »

Hello,

I am not sure if I need to look deeper on the Unity3d side of things rather than the Dialogue System side but I am having an issue with the standard IOS keyboard popping up during conversations in my iOS project. Is there something that I need to look for in the Dialogue System setup? Just trying to narrow down where I should be focusing my search efforts (DS/Unity3d/Xcode). I have been doing searches online but thus far no joy.
DS_IOS_Keyboard.jpg
DS_IOS_Keyboard.jpg (165.78 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Tony Li

Re: Disable iOS Keyboard Display during conversations

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are you using the TextInput() sequencer command or otherwise activating a dialogue UI's Text Field UI? The Text Field UI's StandardUIInputField or UnityUITextFieldUI components are the only things in the Dialogue System that open the touch keyboard, and that's only if you've ticked their Show Touch Screen Keyboard checkboxes.

Check your dialogue UI for either of these components, and set them inactive or untick Show Touch Screen Keyboard.
MudPuppet

Post by MudPuppet »

Hey Tony,

Can't spot any of those components being used thus far but will keep digging and see what I can find out. Just doing a build with my corgi engine project to test that as it has a very similar setup with the NPC conversation stuff. Thanks for the info though as it will help in the process of elimination.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Does it pop up in any particular stage of the conversation? At the beginning? During response menus?