Console errors relating to Actions scripts after Unity & AC upgrade.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Escara

Console errors relating to Actions scripts after Unity & AC upgrade.

Post by Escara »

Hi Tony! I hope you're well.

I originally posted this query in the AC forum, but it appears to be a DS issue instead. Here's the link to the conversation I started with Chris which outlines the problem. Do let me know if you need any further details from me.

https://adventurecreator.org/forum/disc ... ade#latest

I must note that I haven't updated to the new DS version and only downloaded the patch. I'm using 2.1.8. When I tried to download the latest version of DS it seemed to remove both AC and DS from my project tabs, I just couldn't access either of them, it was really strange. So I deleted it and used one of my project backups to try again. So I've updated AC & Unity to the latest versions and loaded your patch only.

The actual issue is

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/._ActionDialogueSystemQuestSet.cs' must derive from AC's Action class in order to be available as an Action.

I have 10 of these that relate to various DS cs. My game seems to run fine but I wonder if I need to do anything to resolve?

Many thanks

Caroline
Tony Li

Re: Console errors relating to Actions scripts after Unity & AC upgrade.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Caroline,

Please import the latest AC integration package from the Dialogue System Extras page (direct download link).

The '._' in '._ActionDialogueSystemQuestSet.cs' is unusual. If importing the latest integration package doesn't clear up all of the issues, please try this:

1. Back up your project.
2. In that folder, delete all of the files that start with ._ActionDialogueSystem
3. Reimport the AC integration package.
Escara

Post by Escara »

Hi Tony.

Yes I already downloaded that new AC Integration package.

Those files don't start with ._ in the folder, that's just how the message appears in the console.

This is the view of the Actions folder:

So I'm not sure what I should delete? Just the 10 where I'm seeing ._

Many thanks

Caroline
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Try deleting only the 10 mentioned in the error messages. Then import the AC integration package again.

In your imgur screenshots on AC's forum, the error messages are cut off. If deleting and reimporting doesn't fix the issue, please click on one of those messages, press Cmd+C to copy to the clipboard, and then paste the clipboard into a reply here.
Escara

Post by Escara »

That didn't seem to work.

I deleted them and then reimported the package and here is the error message.

The script '/Framing Dawes Demo v5/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/._ActionDialogueSystemVarCheck.cs' must derive from AC's Action class in order to be available as an Action.

-> AC debug logger
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
AC.ACDebug:LogError(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:34)
AC.AdventureCreator:RefreshActions() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:556)
AC.AdventureCreator:OnEnable() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:46)

The game still seems to run fine though, I've not encountered any issues yet.

Thanks, Tony.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

It looks like the problem is related to the '._' in front of the filename. Would you mind bringing this back to Chris over at the AC forum? I'll post my findings there, too.

Your current actionlists should be fine, but this issue may prevent you from adding any of the 10 AC actions that are listed (such as Third Party: Dialogue System Quest Set).