Is there a way to show some responses with failed conditions and not the others?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
hellwalker

Is there a way to show some responses with failed conditions and not the others?

Post by hellwalker »

Hey!

So, I have some response options that I only want to show in the response menu if their conditions are true. For example if the dialogue option is contextual to certain story events happening beforehand. (So, it would look weird and confusing if it appeared in responses).
And there are others I want the player to see as the disabled dialogue responses. For example, dialogue responses that require the player to have 10 strength stat to select. (So, the player knows there are alternative paths locked behind certain requirements).

I was wondering if it's possible to set this up in DS? If, not what scripts would you recommend I override to add this functionality?

Thanks,
Tony Li

Re: Is there a way to show some responses with failed conditions and not the others?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

This post has an example.
hellwalker

Re: Is there a way to show some responses with failed conditions and not the others?

Post by hellwalker »

Thanks!
But the thisIDwould only work if the conversation was started from scratch right? I remember something like "If conversation jumped to other conversation with link nodes thisID sill operated by ID assumptions of original conversation and not ID's of new conversation it jumped to?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That's no longer a restriction. The Dialog[] table and thisID should be valid at all times, even if you've linked to a different conversation.
hellwalker

Post by hellwalker »

Ah, awesome!