uccAddItem() Error

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
pegassy

Re: uccAddItem() Error

Post by pegassy »

I am still getting the compiler errors in my project. I really do not understand what is causing it. It worked fine in the empty project. I had deleted all UCC, DSU, integration, and reinstalled. Errors show up after I install the integration:

Assets\Pixel Crushers\Common\Third Party Support\Opsive UCC Support\Scripts\UCCSaver.cs(300,38): error CS1061: 'CameraController' does not contain a definition for 'SetPerspective' and no accessible extension method 'SetPerspective' accepting a first argument of type 'CameraController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

It sounds like your project may have an older version of UCC.
pegassy

Post by pegassy »

The UCC welcome screen on the editor shows 2.1.4, and I used the same package file for both my project and empty project. I will still try to download it again from the Opsive website. I cannot see any other option at the moment.

Thank you.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'm guessing that your project has another script named CameraController, perhaps a misbehaving one that's not in a namespace.

To confirm that this is the case, edit UCCSaver.cs. Add this line:

Code: Select all

namespace PixelCrushers.UCCSupport
{
    using CameraController = Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController; //<--ADD THIS.
Then save the file and return to the Unity editor. Does it compile successfully now?
pegassy

Post by pegassy »

Yes you were right. The culprit was an animation package that contained a cameracontroller.cs for its demo scene. Thank you very very much for walking me through this. My last backup was 17 days old, so it is really a lot of work saved :) Most appreciated.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll include this extra line of code in the next release of UCCSaver so you won't have to re-add it manually when updating.