Bug in UCC Saver (Inventory)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Tony Li

Re: Bug in UCC Saver (Inventory)

Post by Tony Li »

(I just updated the package above after receiving some info from Justin that simplifies some code. The filename changed from 'a' to 'b'.)
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

Thanks, testing in 5 min...
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

oppps, it says Download does not exist.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, please try now. I was working too late into the night. I had accidentally named the file Opsive_UCC_Support_Common_2019-03-11b.unitypackage.unitypackage. :-)
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

Nothing, it's even worst than yesterday as it only loads the assault riffle.
I have seen also the json log but it didn't help so much as I don't see the weapon name.

Even sometimes I get this error:
Do you test the scene on every update?

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.Inventory.GetItemInternal (System.Int32 slotID, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemType itemType) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/Inventory.cs:113)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.InventoryBase.GetItem (System.Int32 slotID, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemType itemType) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/InventoryBase.cs:281)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.InventoryBase.RemoveItem (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemType itemType, System.Int32 slotID, System.Boolean drop) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/InventoryBase.cs:443)
PixelCrushers.UCCSupport.UCCSaver.ApplyData (System.String s) (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Common/Third Party Support/Opsive UCC Support/Scripts/UCCSaver.cs:254)
PixelCrushers.SaveSystem.ApplySavedGameData (PixelCrushers.SavedGameData savedGameData) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/Save System/SaveSystem.cs:516)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
PixelCrushers.SaveSystem:ApplySavedGameData(SavedGameData) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/Save System/SaveSystem.cs:521)
PixelCrushers.<LoadSceneCoroutine>d__89:MoveNext() (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/Save System/SaveSystem.cs:622)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

GorkaGames wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:38 pmI have seen also the json log but it didn't help so much as I don't see the weapon name.
Would you please post the json log in a reply?
GorkaGames wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:38 pmDo you test the scene on every update?
What do you mean? Which version of Unity are you using? Which version of FPC/TPC are you using? I'm using UCC. When I get back into the office later today, I can send you my test scene. You can test it and let me know if it works or not. If it works, we can identify what's different in your scene(s) and update the saver to handle it. If it doesn't work, then we may be using different versions and we'll need to identify the differences in versions.
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

UCC2
I have first and Third Controller. I was asking if it works in your scene. for instance,, if you pick up 6 different items, after save / load , does it work for you...
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, it works for me. This scene is in Unity 2018.3.7, UCC 2.1.1, Quest Machine 1.1.4, and the updated UCCSaver (2019-03-11b):

TestUCCSaver_2019-03-12.unitypackage

I left third person and first person both enabled so you can see that they both work, at least over here.
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

ok, I have tested your scene and works fine (sometimes there is some small bullet error in some weapon but that's not that important now).
So that's good news.... but on my project it doesn't work, I see on the log console that you get a line for every weapon you retrieve but in my case it retrieves only 2 or 3 and not the rest.
What can be causing this?

And one more thing, even when the Attribute applied to the character is ok on the editor, the save system is duplicating the info everytime you save. Look at the pic: (I made public the data in the saver to debug in the inspector)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgOs7p5LnVflkMIb8Ow_MlxXKK3d3w

NOTE: I'm always using slot 0 (not 1) just in case..... and usually I don't see the slot 0 on the Player Prefs (show) component.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for letting me know about the Attributes bug. I'll fix that.

Is your character's Item Set Manager component correct?

Also check its Item Collection. Make sure the Item Collection includes all of the items that the player can pick up. In the example scene, I used the DemoItemCollection.