Love/Hate for Unreal Engine?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
thesam

Love/Hate for Unreal Engine?

Post by thesam »

Hello! I have used Love/Hate in the past and am absolutely in love with it. I had to customize it to meet my needs, but it is a spectacular tool to use to simulate relationships.

I'm wondering if you have any plans to recreate it in the Unreal Engine. I'm working on a project that would need something like Love/Hate as a key component, but Unity's current networking drama is making me consider jumping ship to Unreal so I can have some semblance of stability while I build this thing.
Tony Li

Re: Love/Hate for Unreal Engine?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for using Love/Hate! I don't have any current plans to port it to UE. But, since you own a license, please feel free to port it for your own use (in embedded games as per the Asset Store EULA).

Of all Pixel Crushers assets, Love/Hate is the least tied to Unity. Version 1.9.4 just came out, with import/export for JSON and CSV. You could use Love/Hate's editor in Unity, export to CSV/JSON, and then import it into UE. This way you only need to port a minimal amount of editor stuff, just enough to pull in the CSV/JSON.

BTW, if Unity's networking drama is your only reservation, check out Mirror. It's a branch of UNET that's what UNET was ultimately supposed to be. I've used it fairly extensively, and it seems pretty solid.