Cursor flicker on load

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
rairun

Cursor flicker on load

Post by rairun »

I initially thought this was an Adventure Creator issue, but it turned out to be Dialogue System. Basically, I created an AC hotspot to fade the camera to black, switch scenes, and fade the camera in again. The AC cursor is hidden by the fade. While the screen is still black but already in the new scene, the system cursor (the default Windows arrow) flickers for a split of second. I hadn't really noticed this before because I set the system cursor to be always visible in the editor, but in the build this is very clear. Once I noticed this during scene changes, I realised that it happens even when loading the first scene, and even when AC isn't being used to fade the camera.

I managed to stop it from happening by disabling the "Input Device Manager" component attached to the Dialogue Manager. I think this is a good enough solution for me because all my inputs seem to be working correctly, but I did try changing a bunch of different settings first without success. But this might be an issue for people who need the Input Device Manager?
Tony Li

Re: Cursor flicker on load

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Since AC controls the cursor state, you can re-enable the Input Device Manager component and UNtick Control Cursor State.