TextMesh Pro tag to update

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Dralks

TextMesh Pro tag to update

Post by Dralks »

Hi Tony!

I think this is not an issue with your plugin at all, but I'm quite desperate after 10 hours stuck with this issue and knowing how much you work with texts I was wondering if you would know (please feel free to just say no if it is not the case, you always help a lot!).

I'm trying to apply an specific font to a piece of text during an alert

Code: Select all

<font="specific font">my text</fonts>
this works perfectly if I add it before run time, but if I add it during runtime the font (https://shinmera.github.io/promptfont/) is never set and I just get the unicode, doing any chance to the text mesh pro (changing size or adding anything to the text) makes the font show up, I tried to force that through an script but apparently only happens if I manually change the textmesh pro, any script change is totally ignored

so this works correctly if I pre-populate an alert window, but shows "Press \u243A" if I add during runtime, any idea why? (the colour tag does work correctly).

Press <color=#FF8424><font="AllControllerAndMouseFont">\u243A</font></color> 
Tony Li

Re: TextMesh Pro tag to update

Post by Tony Li »

Is it possible that something is re-escaping the Unicode escape code? Like this:

Press <color=#FF8424><font="AllControllerAndMouseFont">\\u243A</font></color> 
Dralks

Re: TextMesh Pro tag to update

Post by Dralks »

I tried many things around that, the problem is 100% with the unicode at runtime, textmesh pro seems to struggle with unicodes if they are added once the game starts, still looking into it, definitely not an issue with the alerts, thanks!