Compiler errors after AC and DS upgrade

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Escara

Compiler errors after AC and DS upgrade

Post by Escara »

Hi Tony.

I hope you're well and keeping safe.

I've upgraded to the latest versions of AC (1.72) and DS (today). My Unity version is: 2019.3.0f6 and I have over 30 compiler errors and I'm not sure how to fix them.

A few examples below but let me know if you need all of them. Chris only updated to 1.72 yesterday so this might be something you're aware of already.

Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator Support/Scripts/RememberDialogueSystem.cs(15,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ISave' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator Support/Scripts/RememberDialogueSystem.cs(15,60): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ISaveOptions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/UI/Utility/AbstractTypewriterEffect.cs(125,29): error CS0111: Type 'AbstractTypewriterEffect' already defines a member called 'SetSpeed' with the same parameter types

Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/UI/Utility/TextMeshProTypewriterEffect.cs(443,18): error CS0534: 'TextMeshProTypewriterEffect' does not implement inherited abstract member 'AbstractTypewriterEffect.Stop()'

Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/UI/Utility/UnityUITypewriterEffect.cs(18,18): error CS0534: 'UnityUITypewriterEffect' does not implement inherited abstract member 'AbstractTypewriterEffect.isPlaying.get'

All the best
Caroline
Tony Li

Re: Compiler errors after AC and DS upgrade

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Caroline,

Please try this:
  • Delete these two folders:
    - Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Common
    - Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System
    (If you've made any customizations to any files in these folders, save them off first.)
  • Reimport the Dialogue System.
  • Import the Adventure Creator Support package located in Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System / Third Party Support - OR -
    Download and import the updated integration package from the Dialogue System Extras page. Newer versions of AC 1.72 made some changes to the inventory code that required updates to the integration. The package is in the "Updated for 2.2.11" foldout.
Escara

Post by Escara »

Thanks Tony.

It got rid of those errors but I have 7 new ones for the AdventureCreatorBridge.cs. Loading my Dialogue Manager for the scene, the inspector instructs the compiler errors to be fixed before the relevant scripts can be loaded e.g DialogueSystemController.

Example of a new compiler error. Let me know if you need me to list them all.

Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator Support/Scripts/AdventureCreatorBridge.cs(487,72): error CS1061: 'InvItem' does not contain a definition for 'Count' and no accessible extension method 'Count' accepting a first argument of type 'InvItem' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thanks again
Caroline
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Caroline,

Please download and import the updated support package from the Extras page. (direct download link)

If that doesn't work, let me know.
Escara

Post by Escara »

Hi Tony.

The message read that there's nothing to import as all assets are already in my project.

Many thanks
Caroline
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Caroline,

Chris did mention that he might change AC again before release. (The 2020-09-25 update was based on a pre-release version of AC.)

I just updated the AC support package on the Extras page. The same link above will work to download it.
Escara

Post by Escara »

Thanks Tony.

Everything is working perfectly again.

Thank you very much, as always :)

I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You too!