Dialogue System for Unity with plyGame

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue System for Unity with plyGame

Post by Tony Li »

Alright! :-) That's what game development is like -- sometimes we get stuck on a problem for a while, but then it's so rewarding when we finally get it working. (At least until the next problem! ;) )
davidsibya08

Post by davidsibya08 »

Sir Tony,

Sir, how do I play sequence using blocks? What are the proper way of declaring variables there?
I wanted something like this:

At the start, if "First Quest" is unassigned then play this sequence, fade in, zoom in, move camera (I already declared positions here), end.

Initially I made it with the Dialogue System style such as adding the sequence trigger component to a certain object then I played the sequence.
But now, I wanted it to happen using plyGame blox.

Thanks sir Tony! :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

There's a block for that: Dialogue System > Cutscene Sequences > Start.

To see an example, open the Dialogue System's plyGame Example scene and edit the plyBlox on the Feature Demo GameObject. It runs this sequence: Fade(in,1).

To get and set variables, I suggest using the Dialogue System > Lua > Get Lua Variable and Set Lua Variable blocks.

To get and set quest states, use the Dialogue System > Quests blocks.

Use plyGame's regular Flow blocks to check if the First Quest is unassigned. If so, run the Dialogue System blocks.
davidsibya08

Post by davidsibya08 »

Is this Is this correct?
Attachments
Is this correct?
Is this correct?
Start.png (28.14 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi David,

It looks pretty good. If it works, that's what counts, right?

Here are some minor thoughts:

If you want to get the main state of the quest, use the Quests > Get State block instead of the Get Entry State block. The Get Entry State block for getting the states of entries (sub-tasks).

If you want, you can use separate blocks to activate GameObjects instead of using the SetActive() sequencer command.
davidsibya08

Post by davidsibya08 »

Sir Tony,

How do I hide my UIs when triggering a conversation using plyBlox? I tried to SetActie(UIName,false) in the sequence field of the conversations
and it worked but the MobileSingleStickControl doesn't hide or set to false. Why is that?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi David,

Try adding a Set Active On Dialogue Event component to your player or to the Dialogue Manager. Add OnStart and OnEnd elements. Assign the GameObject that has the MobileSingleStickControl component to OnStart and OnEnd. In OnStart, set the State to False.

If the GameObject has other components that you do not want to disable, use Set Component Enabled On Dialogue Event instead.
davidsibya08

Post by davidsibya08 »

Thank you Sir Tony. :) I will try it now. :) I'll update you later. Thanks again! :D
davidsibya08

Post by davidsibya08 »

It was set inactive but when it was already active it is not functioning anymore. My character is not moving with the joystick
but the joystick is moving,
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll have to take a look later today. I'll reply back here after I've had a chance to investigate the issue.