Adjust Subtitle Portrait Name Appear Timing

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
peachthyme

Adjust Subtitle Portrait Name Appear Timing

Post by peachthyme »

Using the Visual Novel framework as a base, I have been trying to make my own UI to suit the game I am working on. Everything is going pretty smoothly except for the fact that I would like to have the Subtitle Portrait Name appear at the start of the main subtitle text. I assume it has to do with the on focus animation but I am hoping for a little more guidance.

There is a slight delay between the start of the text and when the portrait name is shown.

Thank you!
Tony Li

Re: Adjust Subtitle Portrait Name Appear Timing

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That looks like the subtitle panel's Show or Focus animation.

If the Show animation is fading in the UI elements by controlling a Canvas Group component's Alpha value, remove that from the animation.

If that's not the issue, check the events in the Standard UI Subtitle Panel component's inspector to make sure they aren't hiding the portrait name when you don't want them to.
peachthyme

Post by peachthyme »

Hello and thanks for the quick response!

After reading your post and fiddling around with the animation settings, I found that I was able to get the behavior I wanted if I moved the "Portrait Name" out of the Subtitle Panel 0 and Subtitle Panel 1 canvas groups since I still wanted the pictures to fade in and out but the name to appear without animation. Works like a charm now :D!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Great! Glad to help.