Fullscreen Continue Button Problem

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ochatamago123

Fullscreen Continue Button Problem

Post by ochatamago123 »

Hi,

May I ask about how to correctly setup the fullscreen continue button? I checked this post https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... php?t=2752 and followed the second method
Use the UI button, but size it to cover the whole screen, and set its Image color alpha to zero so it's invisible. This allows the player to click/tap anywhere onscreen to continue. You can usually move it to be a direct child of the Dialogue Panel and/or add a Layout Element and tick Ignore Layout. This will make it easier to configure the Rect Transform to cover the whole screen.
Right now my continue button is indeed full screen. However, when the response menu pop up, I couldn't click those responses as the continue button intercept the click event, so the event doesn't pass through to the button.
I want to achieve the effect like Honkai star rails and other RPG like the pictures below.
Players can continue by click anywhere in the screen and there is an icon in the bottom shows user that they can click to continue the dialogue. In the mean time, there are also some UI buttons kind of having higher Z axis, so that player can always click those buttons without being blocked by the continue button.

Sorry maybe it is a dumb question, but will be very happy if could get some help from here.

Thank you very much!
Tony Li

Re: Fullscreen Continue Button Problem

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Configure your subtitle panel's OnUnfocus() event to deactivate the Continue Button GameObject.

When the subtitle panel loses focus to the response menu panel, this will deactivate the continue button, making it possible to click on the response menu buttons.
ochatamago123

Post by ochatamago123 »

Thank you Tony! It works. Just for the future reference, I also need to set the Continue Button back to active in OnFocus() event
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Is the continue button assigned to the subtitle panel's Standard UI Subtitle Panel component > Continue Button field? This should activate (and deactivate) it automatically. However, your solution is fine.