Integrating to Adventure Creator Save System Not Working

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
AmberClaw

Integrating to Adventure Creator Save System Not Working

Post by AmberClaw »

Hello! Big fan of the dialogue asset. I recently purchased Adventure Creator and am trying to integrate everything together. The first step went just fine, Adventure Creator Support seemed to create the proper files and folders. However, when I go to "PersistantEngine" prefab, RememberDialogueSystem does not show up as a viable component to add. When I try to manually drag the script, I get the error:
"Can't add script component 'RememberDialogueSystem' because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match."

Also, exiting and reentering the project after importing Adventure Creator Support asks me to enter Safe Mode. Now I admit I'm a bit of a noob but usually I can figure things out on my own. But I've tried everything and can't seem to get this to work. I've tried reimporting, starting a fresh new project, same problem. Am I somehow missing a crucial step that is causing the errors?

Thank you for the help!
Tony Li

Re: Integrating to Adventure Creator Save System Not Working

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It sounds like some script isn't compiling. Are you using the latest Dialogue System version and Adventure Creator Support integration package? It's version 2.2.45 as of this reply.

If you're on the latest, please check the Console window for any error messages.
AmberClaw

Post by AmberClaw »

Aha! For some reason I thought for sure I was up to date. That seemed to fix the problem. Thank you for such a fast response!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! Have fun with Adventure Creator. It's a great framework.