Importing from Articy Draft

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Trashrat

Importing from Articy Draft

Post by Trashrat »

Hi,

Apologies as perhaps this question gets asked a lot but I couldn't find the answer specifically.

I'm trying to write my dialogue, conversations and the rest in Articy draft and import them over to unity. That all works ok and without a problem, but it's trying to figure out what the best way to update or add any new material in? As currently if I were to add a new conversation I would, seemingly, have to import the entire database again as a new databse, and then fix any changes in Unity because of that.

I'm sure there must be an easier workflow and I am just not doing something right but any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Tony Li

Re: Importing from Articy Draft

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Make all of your changes in articy. If you were to make some changes in articy and others in the imported dialogue database in Unity, it would quickly become a versioning nightmare. When using articy, your articy project should be the authoritative source of your dialogue database content. If you have any questions about how to manage some type of content in articy, let me know.
Trashrat

Post by Trashrat »

Hi Tony, thanks for the response. Yes any help in making my articy project the authoritative source of my dialogue database would be great, as currently any change I make in articy means I have to reimport the entire database.

Thank you
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It's fine to import the entire articy project into your dialogue database every time. Make sure to tick Overwrite so it updates the same dialogue database asset. That way you won't have to reassign it to the Dialogue Manager.

Tip: When you inspect your dialogue database, you can tick the Reimport button in the inspector to quickly reimport it from XML.
Trashrat

Post by Trashrat »

Thank you Tony that's great. Just to check with yourself though where is this button to reimport? Thank you
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If the Dialogue Editor window is closed, or if it's open but you're not inspecting some asset in the dialogue database, the Inspector window will look like this:

reconvert.png
reconvert.png (17.51 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Click the Reconvert button there.