About multiple subtitles panel run at the same time

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

About multiple subtitles panel run at the same time

Post by Tony Li »

Cecar_ wrote:
I tried to use two wrpg subtitle panels at the same time in a one scene to make them play different dialogues respectively, but only one subtitle window can be used each time it runs.

I found a similar case on the website as shown in the link below but unfortunately we seem to have different problems so it's hard to refer to.

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... ows#p27063

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance![/code]
Hi! Do you want to play two different conversations at the same time?

If so, the Dialogue System does support that. First, tick the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Other Settings > Allow Simultaneous Conversations. Then configure each conversation to use a different dialogue UI. You can do this by adding Override Dialogue UI components to the participants' GameObjects, or by assigning dialogue UIs to Dialogue System Trigger components' Actions >Start Conversation sections.
Cecar_

Re: About multiple subtitles panel run at the same time

Post by Cecar_ »

Thank you very much for your guidance!

Thanks for the method you said, I can indeed keep the two subtitles running simultaneously, but I find that the two dialogue texts seem to be mixed together. Perhaps I shouldn't use the two Dialogue System triggers? whatever i seem to be in a lot of trouble,I'm still trying to find a way to do this!Thanks again!

Below is my panel setting

Below is my panel👇

Below is my Canvas structure👇

And Below is my Dialogue System setting👇

I'm not sure if it's a problem with my setting, but I'm still struggling with this for a long time.Can someone help?TT

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance again!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Here's an example scene containing two WRPG UIs that play simultaneous conversations:

DS_SimultaneousWRPGExample_2024-03-25.unitypackage

Note that the actors involved in the two conversations are separate. Neither conversation involves an actor that's assigned to the other conversation.

Can you compare your scene to it? If that doesn't help, please post screenshots of your Dialogue System Triggers (or however you're starting the conversations) and the Subtitle Settings section of your Dialogue Manager.
Cecar_

Post by Cecar_ »

Thank you so much for your example!

But when I try to run this example it seems to have some problems? Its situation is similar to mine, which is to mix two conversations together in the Bottom subtitle text and the top subtitle can't work.

Perhaps you could know what the problem is?
Thanks in advance again!

Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

In that case, what version of the Dialogue System are you using? I'm playing the scene in version 2.2.44.1, and it looks like this:

twoUIs.png
twoUIs.png (31.36 KiB) Viewed 157 times

If you're using an old version of the Dialogue System, please back up your project and then update to the current version.
Cecar_

Post by Cecar_ »

Hello! I just checked and it looks like I'm using version 2.2.43.1. Is this version the problem?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Can you try 2.2.44.1 to make sure we're on the same page?
Cecar_

Post by Cecar_ »

Hello!
Thank you very much for your reminder!Now the example can run correctly! I will try to modify my configuration according to the example you gave!

Sincerely thank you again!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!