Import from Articy X

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
frednorm2000

Import from Articy X

Post by frednorm2000 »

Hi

I just updated to articy X and I noticed that the xml import tool is not working anymore. Any plan to update this tool ?
Tony Li

Re: Import from Articy X

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Dialogue System Extras has a patch (direct download) that updates the importer to also support Articy X. If you notice any issues, please let me know. This will also be released in DS version 2.2.43. Import support for the voiceover addon is being updated.
frednorm2000

Post by frednorm2000 »

Awesome thank you !
talofangus

Post by talofangus »

Should this fix work with the eval version? My import seems to work except no conversations make it over. They're in the export.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are you using eval version 2.2.44? I just tested it with articy X's Maniac Manfred X project, and it imports fine:

aricyXImportEval.png
aricyXImportEval.png (52.34 KiB) Viewed 130 times

When you try to import your articy X project, are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?
talofangus

Post by talofangus »

Hmm. The Maniac Manfred X project imports correctly for me also.
I don't have any errors and the only warnings are because it can't find image assets. Seems like our articy project is the problem, but we're able to play thru it in articy.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send an XML export of your articy X project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks sending along the XML file. Tick the "Conv. Loose Flow Frags" checkbox, which imports flow fragments that aren't nested inside conversations:

articyConvLooseFlowFrags.png
articyConvLooseFlowFrags.png (22.32 KiB) Viewed 52 times

The Dialogue System has been importing articy since articy 1.x. Over the years we've added lots of options by user request. It makes the importer very flexible to different needs, but it does require some setup of these checkboxes and dropdowns to set it up exactly the way you want. In the case of this XML file, there are dialogues (conversations) inside flow fragments, so you'll want to keep this checkbox ticked.