Can't connect my namespace to UnityUIQuestDialogueUI

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
TrueHumanSoul

Can't connect my namespace to UnityUIQuestDialogueUI

Post by TrueHumanSoul »

Hello!
I'm trying to add some methods into AcceptQuest and DeclineQuest in UnityUIQuestDialogueUI to build a connection between my UI system and Quest Machine, but UnityUIQuestDialogueUI doesn't see my namespace. I tried to add my namespace (Scripts.Quests) into UnityUIQuestDialogueUI usings, but there is an error. Also I dont see any asmdef files, so I can't figuire out, what is a problem here.
I have no problem adding "using PixelCrushers.Wrappers" into my sctipts, but It doesn't work backwards.
Can someone help me please?
Tony Li

Re: Can't connect my namespace to UnityUIQuestDialogueUI

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Don't directly modify UnityUIQuestDialogueUI. UnityUIQuestDialogueUI's methods are virtual, so you can make a subclass in your own scripts folder and override whatever you need to add. You can't access your own code directly in UnityUIQuestDialogueUI because it's in Plugins, and scripts in Plugins can't see anything that's outside of Plugins. (That said, don't move Quest Machine out of Plugins. Make a subclass.)
TrueHumanSoul

Post by TrueHumanSoul »

Understood, thanks you for help and fast feedback! =)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! If you have any questions about setting up the subclass, just let me know! :-)