Spawned Object Saver

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
jkaczmar

Spawned Object Saver

Post by jkaczmar »

This is kind of Save System question, but I'm using it with Quest Machine. When I Spawn in a prefab with a QM quest, I'm able to get it to save using a Spawned Object Manager and Spawn Object attached to the Prefab. It spawns at the end of the Quest as expected and it is there when I return when I reload the game as expected.

However, I noticed that with each save it is creating another of the Spawned Objects (1 per save is added each time I stop and reload). The situation may be somewhat unique in that I am using it with Blink's RPGB but I figured I would post here in case someone has seen the same problem. I'm guessing I have a checkbox checked or unchecked that should be the reverse, but please let me know if anyone has seen a similar issue.
Tony Li

Re: Spawned Object Saver

Post by Tony Li »

Is it possible that RPGB is also tracking the fact that the prefab was spawned, and so it's also instantiating a copy in addition to the Spawned Object Manager instantiating a copy?
jkaczmar

Post by jkaczmar »

I don't think so as RPGB doesn't save items spawned after the scene has been created. I think it's being tracked as a bug though one could argue that it's working as designed.

That's the reason I'm trying to use Save System instead. It's able to manage items that have been spawned during playtime so that they are there when you return.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It's a bug in the RPGB Quest Machine Bridge. The Quest Machine Extras page has an updated integration package.
jkaczmar

Post by jkaczmar »

I tested the new integration package you put up and it fixed the issue. Thx very much!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! Thanks for letting me know about the bug.