How to export all text tables at once automatically?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
ds2497

How to export all text tables at once automatically?

Post by ds2497 »

Hello,

I'm currently working with Love/Hate, Quest Machine, and Dialogue System for Unity, and I've reached a point where everything is functioning well, and I'm satisfied with it. However, there is one last thing that is really bothering me, and I'm wondering if there is a solution.

Is there a way to automatically export all existing text tables to CSV format at once? Instead of having to click, open, and export them individually, I'm looking for a method where I can simply assign a folder and export all the text tables within it into a single CSV file with multiple sheets. Alternatively, if it's not possible to have multiple sheets, exporting them into separate CSV files simultaneously would still be a great help.

Since each quest references a text table, if I have 100 quests, manually exporting and importing the data would be extremely time-consuming.
Tony Li

Re: How to export all text tables at once automatically?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

There isn't currently a tool to do that, but I'll look into it for a future version.

Alternatively, you could combine your text tables. You don't need to use a separate text table for each quest.
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Got it! Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! I'll try to get that new feature implemented in the next release if I can fit it in.
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Hi there,

I'm still working with the Text Table, and I have all the quest data in one text table, using "@" to differentiate between the quest and ID. It works, but it's a bit messy.

I don't mean to add any pressure, but I'm really looking forward to the new feature! :)

Thank you so much for the support!
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Tony Li wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:25 pm Glad to help! I'll try to get that new feature implemented in the next release if I can fit it in.
Hi there, I was wondering if there are any updates on exporting text tables? I've been eagerly anticipating this feature for a while now, and given the substantial amount of quest content in my game, this feature is quite urgent for me. Please let me know if there are plans for batch exporting the text table. Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi - Yes, it's coming in the next update along with Unity Localization Package support. Sorry for the delay on this. I'll try to post a patch here by the end of the week.
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Tony Li wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:13 am Hi - Yes, it's coming in the next update along with Unity Localization Package support. Sorry for the delay on this. I'll try to post a patch here by the end of the week.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the update!
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Tony Li wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:13 am Hi - Yes, it's coming in the next update along with Unity Localization Package support. Sorry for the delay on this. I'll try to post a patch here by the end of the week.
Hi Tony, Hope you're doing well! My project's demo is on the verge of release, and I'm wondering if there's a chance to update the Text Tables in time. Has the update for the Text Tables already been completed? Also, I'm curious about whether the update for the Text Tables will be integrated into the Dialogue System for Unity or the Quest Machine. Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Yes! It's finally ready. :-)

QM_ExportAllPatch_2023-12-15.unitypackage

^ This patch lets you export the text of all quests assigned to a quest database into a text table.

Back up your quest assets and quest database asset before exporting your text, just to be safe.

Inspect your Quest Database asset, assign a Text Table, and click Export All Text.

QM_LocalizationPackageSupport_2023-12-15.unitypackage

^ If you want to export all Text Tables to Unity's Localization Package, use this. Menu item Tools > Pixel Crushers > Common > Third Party > Localization > Text Table To Localization Table opens the window.

QM_TextTableMassExport_2023-12-15.unitypackage

^ Menu item Tools > Pixel Crushers > Common > Text Table Mass Export.
To be safe, back up your text tables beforehand.