Coroutine error

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
colorbar

Coroutine error

Post by colorbar »

I've created 2 quests that the player starts with as already active. They show up in my Quest Journal so I think they are working okay. One of them is set to be tracked and in the Quest Hud. But I'm having some issues with the HUD itself. I keep getting this error about coroutines and the Hud being inactive. When I look at the game object while in play mode, it has turned off, but there's nothing that I can see that is causing that. Do you have any suggestions on this issue?

Here is the error code: Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Quest HUD' is inactive!
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.UnityUIQuestTracker:UpdateTracker () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/UI/Unity UI/Quest/UnityUIQuestTracker.cs:166)
Tony Li

Re: Coroutine error

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are you using Quest Machine? If so, can you use Quest Machine's quest HUD instead of the Dialogue System's?

If you plan to continue using the Dialogue System's quest HUD, can you use StandardUIQuestTracker instead of the older UnityUIQuestTracker? You can find some pre-made StandardUIQuestTracker prefabs in Assets / Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System / Prefabs / Standard UI Prefabs.
colorbar

Post by colorbar »

I've been using the Quest Machine Quest HUD, I did notice it was mentioning dialogue system which confused me a bit, I guess I'll go through and try to see what's going on and why dialogue system is getting involved in quest tracking. I probably put a dialogue system component on while trying to get the HUD to work at some point.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You can probably just remove the DS quest tracker HUD from your scene and/or Dialogue Manager’s Instantiate Prefabs component.
colorbar

Post by colorbar »

That worked and the HUD is now showing up, thank you!

EDIT: Solved my other problems I was having with the HUD.