Quest Journal not getting updated

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
vectorfrog

Quest Journal not getting updated

Post by vectorfrog »

Hi Tony,

I'm currently having a problem with getting the active quest to show up in the Quest Journal UI. I am using DS, QM, TDE, UIS, Emerald AI, and SoulLink,

When I inspect the Quest Journal component on the player, I can see the active quest is set correctly.

Is there a list of things for me to check to make sure I have things set correctly? I don't remember if I had this problem on the last project, but it seems that I am missing something obviously.

Thanks for any help and insight.
vectorfrog

Re: Quest Journal not getting updated

Post by vectorfrog »

I should note that I do have data in the Journal Text region of the Active State for the quest. So I think there should be something going into the journal, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

How are you opening the journal UI? Don't call the journal UI's UnityUIQuestJournalUI.Show() method -- or, if you do, use the version that accepts your player's Quest Journal component. Better yet, call the Quest Journal component's ShowJournalUI() or ToggleJournalUI() method.
vectorfrog

Post by vectorfrog »

I have a button on screen that uses the Quest Journal Component on the player. Calling QuestJournal.ShowJournalUI

I thought that it might be that it was using a different version of the journal, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

If you're not using the current version of Quest Machine (1.2.37 as of this reply), can you back up your project, update to the current version, and let me know if the problem persists?

If the problem still occurs, please let me know if there are any warnings or errors in the Console.
vectorfrog

Post by vectorfrog »

I am using the most recent version. 1.2.37.1

I have no errors or warnings in the console that have to do with QM.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
vectorfrog

Post by vectorfrog »

I'm not sure where to put it. It's a gig zipped. I cant strip out any assets to make it smaller.

Edit:

I posted it to my google drive and you should have a link to it. Let me know if that will work.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Just tying up this thread in case the question comes up again for someone.

When configuring a UnityEvent to call QuestJournal.ToggleJournalUI(), make sure you point the UnityEvent to the in-scene instance of the player's QuestJournal, not to a player prefab asset.
DebugJk

Post by DebugJk »

I have same problem
but i cant understand what is UnityEvent?
sorry my unityLevel is begginer