Quest HUD content not ordered correctly (QM 1.2.33)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
nratcliff

Quest HUD content not ordered correctly (QM 1.2.33)

Post by nratcliff »

Hi,

I'm running into an issue in our game where the quest HUD text gets out of order when a quest updates. At first, the player has two quests: "Dark Trench" and "A need for speed." Each has a header and body text for the HUD entry:

Then, a quest node in the Dark Trench quest changes to true, and another activates. In the Active state, the node updates the HUD text body. However, the new body text is at the bottom of the quest list:
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.39.08 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.39.08 AM.png (90.13 KiB) Viewed 988 times
I did some digging, and it looks like the UIInstancedContentManager is reusing the header and first body text elements, then adding a new body text element for the updated node. But, because the previous content is saved from retirement, it's above the new body text in the transform hierarchy. I'm not sure what's the best way to go about addressing this issue.

As far as I'm aware, this is the only case where this happens in our game. However, it's a pretty simple game, and there are not many (if any) other quests that overlap like this (newer quests usually start and go all the way through to complete before older quests are updated).

What's the best way to address this issue?
Lead Dev @ aesthetic.games
Creator of Easy Feedback Form
nratcliff

Re: Quest HUD content not ordered correctly (QM 1.2.33)

Post by nratcliff »

Just a note because I thought to try it after making this post--checking "Use Groups" on the Unity UI Quest HUD component and assigning the "trench" group to the trench quest and "race" group to the race quest did not fix the issue.
Lead Dev @ aesthetic.games
Creator of Easy Feedback Form
Tony Li

Re: Quest HUD content not ordered correctly (QM 1.2.33)

Post by Tony Li »

This is fixed in 1.2.34, which should be available on the Asset Store today.