Invector Item Rewards System (For Procedural Quests)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
DeidreReay

Invector Item Rewards System (For Procedural Quests)

Post by DeidreReay »

Have a few issues I can not work out with invector Item Rewards System setup for procedural quests.

1.)Invector Item Rewards System does not seem to allow me to choose how many of what item ID i want to give as a reward. This is problematic and I can not figure out a way to make more item ids given

2.)I can create as many of these rewards as I want, but they go away after a quest is finished and not replenished meaning in the end player will have no more rewards. Is there a way to not have these rewards removed or to replenish etc?
Tony Li

Re: Invector Item Rewards System (For Procedural Quests)

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
DeidreReay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:58 pm1.)Invector Item Rewards System does not seem to allow me to choose how many of what item ID i want to give as a reward. This is problematic and I can not figure out a way to make more item ids given
The InvectorItemRewardSystem script is written to award 1 of an item. You can duplicate this script and customize it to make your own version that can give more than one of an item.
DeidreReay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:58 pm2.)I can create as many of these rewards as I want, but they go away after a quest is finished and not replenished meaning in the end player will have no more rewards. Is there a way to not have these rewards removed or to replenish etc?
You could either customize a duplicate of the InvectorItemRewardSystem script -- for example to not remove the items from the items list, or add more RewardItems to its items list from another script.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I went ahead and added those features, as well as a shuffle feature, to the reward system:

QM_InvectorSupport_2023-01-27.unitypackage
DeidreReay

Post by DeidreReay »

Thank you for the reply and the file. Had issue importing with some errors unity could not compress (ended up finding a work around Unzipping and .unitypackage the contents. Testing tonight but already looks great as always. Thank you thank you
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!