Quest Machine Tag (Null reference)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
c166

Quest Machine Tag (Null reference)

Post by c166 »

Hey Tony,

I just installed Quest Machine and am trying to get it working with the Dialogue System (the basic integrations seem to work -> i.e. import dialogue system, import quest machine, then import the common + quest machine specific packages in the third party integration).

However, when I set up the quests (count # of wood collected), there's an error that relates to quest machine tags (which I assume has to do with the dialogue system intergration)
tag_error_mesasgePNG.PNG
tag_error_mesasgePNG.PNG (17.42 KiB) Viewed 419 times
I have attached the bridge script to the dialogue manager, and there is the default quest machine prefab in the scene.
dialogue_manager_bridge.PNG
dialogue_manager_bridge.PNG (15.83 KiB) Viewed 419 times
Some pictures of the wood collection quest/ definition of the counters.
collect_wood_quest.PNG
collect_wood_quest.PNG (111.56 KiB) Viewed 419 times
wood_counter_definition.PNG
wood_counter_definition.PNG (24 KiB) Viewed 419 times
wood_counter.PNG
wood_counter.PNG (17.23 KiB) Viewed 419 times
Not sure what I'm missing/ hoping you'd be able to narrow down the scope of what's going wrong here.

Once I remove the quest, the scene runs, so I'm guessing it's something going wrong with the counters' parsing to Dialogue Manager? (However, error still occurs even though I removed the dynamic counter from the UI {`#wood}`/ 3 wood -> which from the equivalent quickstart tutorial)
Tony Li

Re: Quest Machine Tag (Null reference)

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please use this patch:

QM_TagsPatch_2023-01-06.unitypackage
c166

Post by c166 »

Thanks for that, the game was able to compile as expected without errors after I applied that patch to add the script. I'll see if I can muddle through how to best use Quest Machine with the Dialogue system then :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! If I missed any of your questions, or if new ones pop up as you add in the Dialogue System, just let me know!