Deeds don't work

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
MoonlightThief

Deeds don't work

Post by MoonlightThief »

Hello !

I have a little problem. I think it was me who misunderstood something, but I really don't understand what's wrong.

I'm implementing Love&Hate in my game (great tool!) and I wanted to do tests on deeds, but... it doesn't work.

I have a Deed Template Library, I have a Deed Reporter on my actor, the Debug console tells me that the action is performed but nothing changes on my characters! Their PAD is not modified at all.
Spoiler
Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance !!
Good day
Tony Li

Re: Deeds don't work

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

From the screenshots, that looks like it should work. Does Cross have a FactionMember component? If you inspect its FactionMember component at runtime, do you see any change in the runtime area of its inspector view?
MoonlightThief

Post by MoonlightThief »

Hi,

Yes it has a FactionMember component.

Here is a video, it will surely be easier for you to see.

Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

In Hellios's Deed Template Library, what is the configuration of your Insult deed? Is Requires Sight ticked? What is the value of Radius? Try UNticking Requires Sight and setting Radius to zero.

If that doesn't help, can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?

The Console shows "Love/Hate: CommitDeed...", which means the Dialogue System is telling Love/Hate that Hellios is committing the Insult deed to Cross. Cross should then show the details of the deed evaluation since its Faction Member's Debug Eval Func is ticked. However, it's not showing that in the Console. This suggests that Cross is not "seeing" the deed due to Requires Sight or Radius, or that there is an issue with the Faction Manager's faction member list.

Also, it looks like there may be an issue with your project. The special Unity folders Editor Default Resources and Gizmos may be missing. (These folders should never be moved or renamed. Unity requires them to be in the root Assets folder.)
MoonlightThief

Post by MoonlightThief »

Hello,

Requires Sight is unticked and Radius is already at 0..

So I'm sending you an email with the project, thank you very much for the time granted!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for sending a reproduction project. In the version of the project that you sent me, the Faction Manager field is pointing to a prefab. When a deed is reported, it gets queued for processing on the prefab. But since the prefab is not in the scene (and thus not active), it doesn't process its queue.

If you leave the characters' Faction Manager fields unassigned, Love/Hate will find the active Faction Manager GameObject at runtime. When a deed is reported, it will be queued on the active Faction Manager, and it will be processed properly.

Side note: When you unassign the Faction Manager field, the custom editor will report an error. This error is harmless and will be fixed in the next release.
MoonlightThief

Post by MoonlightThief »

Hi,

I was sure it was something like that! :oops:
Thank you very much, it works by removing the prefab.

Good day !
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!