Save System Questions

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Opsive Character Controllers.
maximuz24

Save System Questions

Post by maximuz24 »

In my Scene i am using Dialogue system, HUD Navigation system and opsive save System. when i try to load after saving(using save system test menu) i am getting error (capture).
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (303.01 KiB) Viewed 8486 times
Tony Li

Re: Error.

Post by Tony Li »

That's a bug in HUD Navigation System. It can't handle scene changes if the camera is not marked Don't Destroy On Load.

I implemented a workaround in the save system. You can download the updated package here:

SaveSystem_HUDNavigationSystemSupport_2020-04-03.unitypackage

It will still report the error message twice when loading a saved game, but then the saver will find the camera for the HUD Navigation System component again.
maximuz24

Post by maximuz24 »

Still having error any way i will try it again. another issue If i killed one enemy (UCC Character) i want to save it How to do that. After killing the enemy if i save and load i can see the enemy again.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Do you only see the error message ~2 times, or does it print constantly after loading a saved game? It's normal for it to report ~2 times. The only way to get rid of those ~2 errors is to fix the actual bug in HUD Navigation System's source code.

If your UCC character is destroyed or deactivated when killed, you can use a Destructible Saver component.
maximuz24

Post by maximuz24 »

thanks.it print constantly after loading a saved game.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Did you import the package I linked above? If so, did you add a HUD Navigation System Saver component to the GameObject that has the HUD Navigation System component?
maximuz24

Post by maximuz24 »

HI,
Still having 6 error also Player cannot be seen in the game view.
Thanks
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (644.81 KiB) Viewed 8469 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please try to isolate the error. That error is from Opsive Character Controller. The previous errors were from HUD Navigation System.

Try creating a scene only with Opsive Character Controller -- without HUD Navigation System. Make sure this plays from the editor.

Then add the save system. Make sure you can save and load Opsive Character Controller. (Compare it to the Save System for Opsive's example scene.)

Once you have confirmed that Opsive Character Controller and the Save System for Opsive work correctly, create a scene only with HUD Navigation System -- without Opsive. Make sure this scene plays.

Then add the save system. Make sure you can save and load HUD Navigation System.

If you can confirm that those work correctly, test a scene with all 3.

If you get stuck, please feel free to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com. You can zip up the Assets, ProjectSettings, and Packages folders. I won't need any other files. Please also include the exact steps to follow to reproduce the issue.
maximuz24

Post by maximuz24 »

Thanks Now i Have only 2 errors in red but it working :). Do i need to attach both scripts to the player to save position,inventory etc.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (76.04 KiB) Viewed 8375 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Those 2 errors come from HUD Navigation System; there's nothing the Save System can do about them, but they're harmless.

To save the player's position, inventory, etc., you only need the UCC Saver.

If you also want to save the HUD Navigation System's state, you must also add the HUD Navigation System Saver.

If you add both, you must assign a unique Key to each one. For example, set the UCC Saver's Key to "PlayerInfo" and the HUD Navigation System Saver's Key to "HUDNavInfo" (without quotes).