FactionMemberEvents component won't register PAD?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Love/Hate.
joeykid6

FactionMemberEvents component won't register PAD?

Post by joeykid6 »

Hi Tony,

I've got a FactionMember component and a FactionMemberEvents component on a character. I call a public method using the OnModifyPad handler, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. I am watching the arousal variable change, but the change doesn't trigger the method. I've also double checked that my method works independently of the event handler.

Basically, I just want my UI to update with the raw PAD data when PAD changes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks as always for a great product!
Joe
Tony Li

Re: FactionMemberEvents component won't register PAD?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Joe,

How are the PAD values being changed? Through the regular process of witnessing deeds and sharing rumors? If it's through a PlayMaker or Game Creator action, or the Aura Trigger, then the FactionMemberEvents event won't be called, although I've fixed that for the next release.
joeykid6

Post by joeykid6 »

Ah, that's it then. I was just changing them by hand from a little C# script to make sure everything was working with my UI. I'll just run the simulation with some deeds executed which should do the trick.

I am planning to use some aura triggers, though, so maybe I'll wait for the new release if it's coming soon. Or I suppose I could just write my own custom listener.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

The new release should hopefully be available on the Asset Store early next week.