Activate GameObject from Quest Editor

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
GorkaGames

Activate GameObject from Quest Editor

Post by GorkaGames »

Hi,

The first action on the list on the quest editor is "Activate Game Object" but you can't drag any object there.
On the other hand on the event action (the last option) you can drag a game object but any of my hicherarchy's game Objects can be dragged. Only allow me to drag or select meshes and objects, not gameObjects from my scene.
I had to do a work around to comunicate with my scene creating a listener and right there I can drag the objects on the events listener, but this is a double work precess especialy if you have losts of quests...
Any idea?
Tony Li

Re: Activate GameObject from Quest Editor

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
GorkaGames wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:45 amThe first action on the list on the quest editor is "Activate Game Object" but you can't drag any object there.
Since quests don't exist in the scene, they don't reference scene objects directly. When using the "Activate GameObject" action, specify a GameObject name. The action will find the GameObject by name.
GorkaGames wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:45 amOn the other hand on the event action (the last option) you can drag a game object but any of my hicherarchy's game Objects can be dragged. Only allow me to drag or select meshes and objects, not gameObjects from my scene.
You can assign non-scene assets, such as ScriptableObject assets, to the "UnityEvent" action. ScriptableObject assets are often used for managers and global data, such as those described in this blog post and this blog post.