Quest Machine articy:draft Support

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Tony Li

Quest Machine articy:draft Support

Post by Tony Li »

Quest Machine can import from articy:draft. This is a simple example project. It contains the definitions for Quest and QuestNode properties and features described in Quest Machine's Articy Support manual.

ExampleArticyProjectForQuestMachine.zip
dlevel

Re: Quest Machine articy:draft Support

Post by dlevel »

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Articy.Unity.ArticyDatabase.get_Project ()
PixelCrushers.QuestMachine.ArticySupport.ArticyQuestMachineScriptGenerator.GenerateScript (System.String templateFilename, System.String scriptFilename) (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Quest Machine/Third Party Support/Articy Support/Scripts/Editor/ArticyQuestMachineScriptGenerator.cs:32)
PixelCrushers.QuestMachine.ArticySupport.ArticyQuestMachineScriptGenerator.Generate () (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Quest Machine/Third Party Support/Articy Support/Scripts/Editor/ArticyQuestMachineScriptGenerator.cs:15)

I get this error when trying to import a quest (Generate Articy Project step). I imported the latest articy package from the extras page. Quest Machine 1.1.3
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

That error means Nevigo's articy integration isn't set up right in your project.

Unlike the Dialogue System's articy support (which reads articy XML), Quest Machine relies on Nevigo's articy:draft Importer for Unity (docs).

In the Project view, inspect Assets / ArticyContent / Generated / Resources / ArticyDatabase.

If you don't see ArticyDatabase, follow Nevigo's instructions to get your articy data into your Unity project. Then you can use Quest Machine's articy support.

If you do see ArticyDatabase, make sure it has the quest that you're trying to import.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

I see, thank you for your reply, it seems the instructions are only for articy 3.0, I still use articy 2.0 and all my data is there, you think it doesn't work with that version of articy?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, no. The Dialogue System can import XML from articy versions 1, 2, and 3.

But Quest Machine relies on Nevigo's articy plugin, which only supports version 3.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

ah I see, ok will check if I can upgrade easily to articy 3
alex84

Post by alex84 »

Tony Li wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:44 am Quest Machine can import from articy:draft. This is a simple example project. It contains the definitions for Quest and QuestNode properties and features described in Quest Machine's Articy Support manual.

ExampleArticyProjectForQuestMachine.zip
hello, the download does not work anymore.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Sorry, that file got left behind when the website got a facelift. The project just had the Quest and QuestNode properties described in Articy_Support.pdf included in the integration package. You can add them to your own articy project as described in the manual. Note: The current integration is for articy:draft 3. Integration for the recently-released articy X is not ready yet.
alex84

Post by alex84 »

Hi, thank you so much for your immediate answer!
I just got 3 , I also have Dialogue System, so it is no problem for me.
Thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!