ORK integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
dlevel

Re: ORK integration

Post by dlevel »

Yeap issue persists, I have accepted the quest, the indicator dissapeared as it should, and appeared again. I spoke to the NPC again and has 0 quests (just telling me to Kill the boss that I already got the quest).
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

So the issue is that if already have the quest, and tries to generate it again, so it finds the entities, creates the quests (and puts it in the quests list), but doesn't offer it in the dialogues since I already have it, but the offer indicator lights up. if that helps
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll try to get a patch out for that soon.

A quest generator NPC will not generate a new quest about an entity if it already has a quest about that entity. It adds existing quests' entities to an "ignore list" when choosing an entity to generate a quest about.

In the patch, I'll add a checkbox that you can tick that will also include the player's quest list to the ignore list. This checkbox will be ticked by default, and designers can untick it for multiplayer games.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Thank you, very helpful as always. Already updated and will test
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

two more questions, since I use ORK2 still, if that makes any difference, I think the ORK Variables in quest conditions in quest editor dont work. Also, I tried having quests Max Times to 2, and then No Repeat if Successful checked, but the quest giver gives the quest again even if it is already succeed
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You may need to manually edit the ORK Variables quest condition script to work with ORK 2.

For the Max Times issue, this can happen if you change scenes without using the save system, or if the Quest Giver's Save Settings isn't configured to save its state. In either of these cases, when you return to the Quest Giver's scene the Quest Giver will be in its initial state (i.e., number of times accepted is zero).

If you want to confirm this, you can try these steps:

1. Play the game in the Unity editor's play mode and get to the point where you've accepted the quest 2 times but the Quest Giver is still able to offer the quest again.

2. From the triple dot menu in the top right of the Inspector view, select Debug. This will change the Inspector view to debug mode.

3. Inspect the Quest Giver. Expand Quest List. Double click on the quest. Then check the value of Times Accepted.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Tony Li wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:02 pm I'll try to get a patch out for that soon.

A quest generator NPC will not generate a new quest about an entity if it already has a quest about that entity. It adds existing quests' entities to an "ignore list" when choosing an entity to generate a quest about.

In the patch, I'll add a checkbox that you can tick that will also include the player's quest list to the ignore list. This checkbox will be ticked by default, and designers can untick it for multiplayer games.
Is that working for Quest Giver for ORK as well? I still have the same issue after the update (1.2.40.1), and I cannot find the checkbox that you can include the player's quest list :)
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Tried to find the last version before you dropped ORK 2 for ORK 3 but couldnt find it in the changelog, does it happen you remember what version was it? So I can get some code from there for the quest conditions variables
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Here's the final ORK2 integration package in zip file format so you can unpack it outside of your current project.
ORK2_Support.zip
(414.77 KiB) Downloaded 23796 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Here's the patch that adds an "Exclude Entities In Quest Journals" checkbox to the Quest Generator Entity checkbox. If you tick this, it won't generate quests for target entities that are already quests in the player's journal.

QM_GeneratorPatch_2023-10-03.unitypackage