ORK integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Tony Li

Re: ORK integration

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry for the obscure solution there. I don't even remember ticking it. I wonder if the ORK tutorial assets originally had that ticked, and for some reason a later version has it unticked.
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

Tony Li wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:43 pm Sorry for the obscure solution there. I don't even remember ticking it. I wonder if the ORK tutorial assets originally had that ticked, and for some reason a later version has it unticked.
Could be, anyway, the error wasnt causing any issues
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

when adding ORKEventsOnPausePlayer to the player when only using QM, the pause events are sent to ORK.

But when i also use DS and add DialogueSystemQuestDialogueUI to the QM prefab then pause events are not passed to ORK.

Let me know how to fix this. i have downloaded the latest packages you just published and applied new integrations as well. I did not remove previous files, i updated on top of them. should i have deleted previous files?

I cant say if pause events worked with older assets as i only tried this after updating.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Since the Dialogue System integration bypasses Quest Machine's dialogue UI, Quest Machine's dialogue UI doesn't send the Pause Player and Unpause Player messages that ORKEventsOnPausePlayer listens for.

However, you can tell your Dialogue System dialogue UI to send those messages. Inspect your dialogue UI's Dialogue Panel. Add a Quest Control component, and configure the OnOpen() and OnClose() UnityEvents to send the messages:
qmDSPausePlayer.png
qmDSPausePlayer.png (52.9 KiB) Viewed 433463 times
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

Thanks, that worked
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

hey Tony,

Just updated to the latest quest machine version since my last one had issues with the last ORK 2 version (didnt added rewards on inventory), but it seems everything broke with many error messages:

Assets\Pixel Crushers\Quest Machine\Third Party Support\ORK Framework Support\Scripts\Utility\ORKUtility.cs(194,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ItemShortcut' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Pixel Crushers\Quest Machine\Third Party Support\ORK Framework Support\Scripts\Utility\ORKUtility.cs(188,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GamingIsLove' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Pixel Crushers\Quest Machine\Third Party Support\ORK Framework Support\Scripts\Quest Actions\ORKGiveExpQuestAction.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GamingIsLove' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

and 65 more errors of this kind, any idea?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Since Quest Machine 1.2.27 (released June 7, 2022), Quest Machine's "ORK Framework Support.unitypackage" has been for ORK 3.

Here is the final integration package for ORK 2:

QM_ORK2Support_20200823.unitypackage
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Hey @Tony, dont know if this is an ORK question but since I still using ORK 2 (with some custom code in the rewards), I post it here.

I have some autogenerated quests that work fine, but the issue is that the indicator remains open even if I accept any quest the quest giver has. So the question is, is there a way to ensure that the quest indicator is set to none to auto-generated quests, when the quest giver doesnt have any other quests to give? Thank you
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Can you back up your project, make sure the backup is good, update to the current Quest Machine version, and let me know if the problem persists?